Suspect




 

SCENE: Inside a suburban home – door bell rings

 

NICK: (opens the door:

 

GEORGE (pushes into the room accompanied by Frank and a swat team) Nicolas Barrens?

 

NICK: (in a weak voice) Yes?

 

FRANK: You’re under arrest (pulls out cuffs)

 

 

NICK: For what?

 

 

GEROGE: You’re a suspected terrorist

 

NICK: But I’m only a high school student

 

GEORGE: Don’t give us lip, boy, you’ll get your chance to talk when we get you downtown.

 

NICK: I need to call my mother at work.

 

GEORGE: You’ll call no one.

 

NICK: But I have a right to…

 

GEORGE: Under the patriot act you have no rights. Bring him along, Frank.

 

FRANK: I think we should let the boy call his mother, George.

 

GEORGE: No way. He’s a terrorist suspect.

 

FRANK: But he’s only 17.

 

GEORGE: Seventeen year olds can kill. Remember Vietnam? Those kids were half his age and they blew GI s up.

 

NICK: Can you tell me what I did?

 

GEORGE: I told you to shut up, boy, and I mean it.

 

NICK: But I didn’t do anything that I know of.

 

GEORGE: Nothing short of planning to murder your teachers.

 

NICK: What?

 

GEORGE: We have the emails, boy.

 

NICK: Emails? You mean my messages to Billy?

 

GEORGE: That’s right. He’s in custody, too. As are all the others the message reached. You’re a whole terrorist network.

 

NICK: I didn’t mean anything. I was just blowing off steam for flunking a test.

 

GEORGE: So you wanted to kill some teachers?

 

NICK: Sure. Don’t you say stupid things when you’re upset?

 

GEORGE: I don’t plot to kill people. And the teacher wasn’t the only one.

 

NICK: If you mean my message about getting even with Rocco and his gang, you’d be upset if you got picked on by that bully day after day.

 

GEORGE: You said you would buy a guy and shoot him.

 

NICK: I said if nobody at school was going to stop Rocco then maybe those who us he picks on would have to defend ourselves.

 

GEORGE: That’s terrorism, boy, and you’ll pay dearly for it.

 

NICK: You’re crazy. I’m not a terrorist. I want to talk to my mother. I want to talk to a lawyer.

 

GEORGE: You’ll get to talk to neither as long as this is treated as terrorism

 

FRANK: George, the boy ought to tell his mother we have him other wise she may think someone kidnapped him.

 

GEORGE: You, too? What’s this country coming to when a cop won’t obey orders?

 

FRANK: He’s a boy, George

 

GEORGE: Some of the pilots on the 9/11 planes were boys, too. Or have you forgotten 9/11?

 

 

FRANK: I haven’t forgotten 9/11. But we’re not hoodlums. We can’t just grab a kid off the street and not tell anybody.

 

GEORGE: We have to. For security reasons. Who can tell who else is involved with this terrorist network, and if they know were’ onto them, they might pull another 9/11.

 

FRANK: We’re talking about the boy’s mother.

 

GEORGE: Yes, we are. How do we know if she’s not involved. After all, didn’t she raise this terrorist? Come on, boy. We have a nice dark cell for you, right next to Bin Laden’s.

 




Main Menu


email to Al Sullivan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crystal clear

Cold Comfort

don’t need love right now